I am the Team Rector of the Roborough Team Ministry, part of the Mission Community of the Holy Family, Plymouth in the Diocese of Exeter, and this blog is my spiritual journal. In it I reflect on my ministry, the life of my parish and the wider church. It also touches on other things that are distinctly me: an obsession with coffee, technology, computer programming and English literature. These are things which help make me one of God’s children and hopefully a better priest
I have a reputation for Youth Ministry and the use of Multimedia and Technology in Evangelism. I am also the Curator of the Blesséd Alt.Worship Group.
Politically radical, Unashamedly Anglocatholic, Deeply Sacramental and wildly, rabidly Inclusive: that about sums me up.
I published a book on Creative Ideas in Sacramental Alternative Worship published by Canterbury Press in the Summer of 2010
published in the Autumn of 2011. I am currently working on a book on Frontline Evangelism with Young People
According to Crockford’s, my life can be summed up as:
RUNDELL, Simon Philip. b 67. Univ of N Lon BSc95 Leeds Univ BA01 RGN90. Coll of Resurr Mirfield 99. d 01 p 02. C Southsea H Spirit Portsm 01-04; P-in-c Elson 04-09; V 09-12. P-in-c Roborough Team Ministry Exeter from 12 The Vicarage, 33 Leat Walk, Roborough, Plymouth, Devon Tel (07976) 802123 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
But to shade that in a bit – I love:
- The Gospel – an Inclusive Church which is both traditional, catholic (small ‘c’) and radical
- Espresso Coffee – lots of it, full on caffeine addict and I especially love making it on my own vintage commercial Gaggia machine
- Programming (VB/VBA, PHP, Ajax, Typo3 are my specialities)
- Digital Video and Photography (Sony Vegas, Nikon DX40, DVC HD-8 Digital Video Camera)
- David Bowie, REM, Brian Eno, Van Morrison, the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain and a lot of music in between.
I try not to hate, but what I do find intolerable is:
- Intolerance and Prejudice of any kind
- Opposition to the Ordination of Women: I seek a fully inclusive Church.
- Homophobia: you are reading Paul all wrong and applying the wrong bits of OT Law to God’s creation
- The Anglican Covenant, GAFCON, the Ordinariate and all things Forward-in-Faith: there are some things which are more important that political squabbling, like the Gospel.
- I have problems with some expressions of Evangelicalism, especially those which condemn rather than love as Christ has commanded us to. Who gave them the right to judge instead of God? I also resent their affluence, numbers and easy life, but I am seeking to overcome such un-Christlike feelings.